Wednesday, August 6, 2008

The City that never Sleeps

One of the most beautiful cities on earth, NYC is exceptionally diverse with people from all over the world, speaking over a 100 different languages.
Walking on the roads of NYC(Manhattan)in broad daylight, I fell in love! The sophisticated people, tall buildings, Macy's clothes store, Banana Republic, Dolce&Gabbana, NBC studios, HBO, Grand Central Station, Central Park, Rockefeller Centre, Empire State Building, Limos, cute yellow taxis that charge exorbitant amount just to go from one avenue to the next, Park avenue, restaurants, bars, coffee pubs, ten of each in every lane! Can you believe that!?
I fell in love with it all! And that was just during the day! People told me the avenues and streets would confuse me and I would get lost, but I was surprised that didn't happen to me!
I roamed the streets like I was living there!

The Crossroads of the World- Times Square, where the theatres, buildings colorful lights that attracted people! One can't help but stand in one spot and gape, drinking in the beauty all around, especially during the nights! It's like you stepped into an exclusive club consisting of only the rich and the famous! The bright lights on bridges and buildings, catches your eye and makes you gasp with awe and happiness!!!

My friends ask me what I love most about NYC? I say everything!
But this is what I enjoy doing most:
Listening to music in the train & subway to n fro Manhattan...
Walking along the streets, drinking coffee n feeling like a New Yorker...
Sitting on the docks by the Hudson River at night overlooking NJ & Brooklyn bridge& looking at people passing me by...
Walking in Park Avenue & dreaming of owning an apartment there...
Driving from Long Island to Manhattan n singing to the songs on Z100 on saturdays with my aunt n uncle...

No comments: